Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.

Chloe wanted to be Dorothy Gale this year for Halloween.  Have you ever looked for a Dorothy costume?  I was lucky to find one that was knee-length and not covered in sequins.  Who does these things?

Remember a couple of years ago when Chloe and I went to see the Nutcracker?  And I went to the wrong theater?  And I had a nervous breakdown?  And we missed the whole first half?  Any of this ringing a bell?  Anyway, Chloe was intrigued by all the little kids in that production and wondered how they got to be in it.

A few weeks ago I found out the Moscow Ballet was coming to St. Louis in December to perform The Nutcracker and that they would be auditioning local dancers for smaller parts like mice and snowflakes and party guests.  Chloe really wanted to audition, so Jeff took her on Saturday.  He said that after she stopped crying, she danced real pretty.  She was cast as a snow maiden and we couldn't be prouder.

A wise woman once told me you can never have a bad day wearing red shoes.  I think Dorothy might disagree. 

She's one lucky duck to have all her dreams come true when she's eight.

2 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

I love the light in these pictures. Maybe it's just Chloe glowing. So many happy things!

Sarah said...

DARLING, So exciting, and I think you're one of the funnest moms EVER!!