Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmastime is Here

What a wonderful day we've had!  We played all morning, slept all afternoon, and ate all evening.  Ta-done!
Miles went directly to his Big Wheel, unloaded his stocking, and started eating fruit snacks.  He knows what's up.

Here's the American Girl doll Chloe fully expected Santa to bring her, because (as she wrote to him) she had been "a VERY good girl."

Harrison's list for Santa included some interesting items like "a surprise" and "cool socks."  He seemed pleased with the surprising coolness of his gifts.

Christmas should always include something remote controlled.

Preferably two somethings remote controlled.

The lights on our tree burned out a couple of days ago.  Trees in your house look stupid without lights.  I tried to make things festive by throwing a strand of icicle lights over the pretty Christmas quilt my friend Virginia made me.  That looked stupid, also.

Jeff had the most presents this year.  That's a first.

See that big box on Chloe's lap?  Can you guess what's inside?

You'll never guess what Harrison got her, so I'll tell you.

It's three cans of Sour Cream and Onion Pringles!

Before I opened Chloe's gift to me, Jeff told me to act excited.  I can so take direction.

This was one of my favorite gifts I opened this morning.  Thanks, Pops and Patti!

My sister, Nicole, made us this amazing lonestar quilt.  She is so skilled and so generous.  I can't wait to find a place for this where it won't get sticky.

It's a PONY!!!

Cutest Duke fans, ever.

My mom made each of the kids these super cute journal covers.  Miles couldn't wait to write in his at bedtime.  He had a lot to say.

All day I had to fight the urge to take that doll and play with her myself.  Such pretty hair!
 
Jeff knows what I mean.
 
BTDubbs, this monkey bread was AMAZING.
 
We hope your Christmas was merry.
VERY!

6 Wisecracks:

Amy Maxwell said...

So what did mom and dad get you? I'm dying to know!

melissa said...

It was a gift card to Fandango! We never go out to movies, so I'm super excited!

Nicole said...

I am so letting the kids buy each other gifts next year. For many reasons, but the number one is so that somebody gets Pringles. That makes me laugh. :) That shot of the helicopter flying in front of Harrison is AWESOME!! I'm glad you like the lone star. I wonder if Harrison was thinking I got you chips just like he got Chloe chips. Hahahahahaha!

Patti said...

Hooray for Christmas, the best time of the year!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

A week before Christmas, half of our tree lights went out as well. So the whole bottom half of our tree was unlit. I think I had them on too much. ;)
Looks like a fantastic Christmas!!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

NO WAY!! My Kathryn got Saige and the very same horse! I showed her the pictures and she wants Chloe to come over and play tomorrow. Wouldn't that be fun...oh well. Happy New Year!