Thursday, February 20, 2014

Orchid Show

Yesterday I planned on doing all sorts of cleaning and running of errands and making of important phone calls.  Then someone reminded me that the annual Orchid Show was going on at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  A morning spent walking around a garden taking pictures of beautiful flowers was just what I needed.  Change approved!  I had fun editing them and found that orchids look amazing in color or black and white (Just like Cary Grant.), so I tried a few of both.

I.

II.

III.

IV.

V.

VI.

VII.

VIII.

IX.

X.

XI.

XII.

XIII.

XIV.

XV.

XVI.

XVII.

XVIII.

7 Wisecracks:

Ellee said...

Those pictures are incredible!

Nicole said...

It looks like you set up the lighting and background for every shot. The Colorado ones are my favorites. So delicate and happy. Great job.

Nicole said...

Why would Colorado be an option before color for autocorrect? (It tried to do that again just now! WHAT? Is my Kindle British? Should I be spelling it colour?)

melissa said...

Ha! I figured "Colorado" was a type of orchid. I was so impressed with you for a minute there. :)

Patti said...

Me too! Thanks for clarifying it was autocorrect. Absolutely lovely, although it took me a while to truly focus after I saw the words "Cary Grant".

Lori said...

Stunning! Would you consider making them into the images on blank cards? We do that with wedding images, but it's nice to have pretty generic images like this for other things than weddings.

melissa said...

Lori, I love that idea!