Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Day in the Life of Chloe

Chloe was feeling a little sad that there would no longer be a blog post all about her every month now that the two of us aren't doing a Mommy and Me Book Club.  I've always wanted to do a day in the life shoot, so this morning I woke Chloe up with a camera in her face.

She was thrilled.

Chloe is one of those people who wakes up ready to face the day and get to work.  I never have to wake her up more than once (Harrison) and I never have to wait a half hour for her to snap out of her bad mood (Miles).  I wake her up and she heads straight to the piano to practice her lesson songs.

She does every single thing she's supposed to do to get ready for school without me reminding her.  What's that about?

Sometimes the kids need a little boost in the morning, so we have a dance party.

This is my view from the car as I dropped her off.  I always remind her to be awesome and Miles tells her to have a nice nap.

[Seven hours later . . . ]


Obviously this picture is way overexposed, but I love how happy she is to see me pick her up.  

Miles was super excited to see her.

They like each other a lot.

After school today she had her piano lesson.  Look at that form!  She's always well prepared and has a great ear for music.  Teacher's pet!

After her lesson, it's time for homework on the computer.  The math exercises on this site had some funky background music.  Chloe dug it.

Then it was off to dance class.

Here she spends an hour and half on her tippy toes and loves every minute of it.

Then Chloe goes to church to learn how to be awesome with the other 8-11 year old girls in our congregation.  The evening usually ends with giggling and running around the church.

After that it's time to go home and get in her pajamas.  But not these pajamas.  These (clearly) are being saved for her Pajama Day at school on Thursday.  They get to read books in their pajamas all day.  She made that pile and wrote that note on Monday.

The other day I was talking with some friends and one of them brought up Chloe and how sweet she is.  Another friend agreed and said her husband was willing to have many daughters if he knew they would be just like Chloe.  It's always nice to hear that other people think your kid is cool, too.  I wish I could take credit for her sweetness, but she was born that way.  She was born wanting to spend every second with me.  She was born laughing at her daddy's silly jokes.  She was born cheering on her big brother.  She was born ready to take care of her little brother.  

What a pleasure it is to spend each day with her.

6 Wisecracks:

Sarah said...

Fun to see the result of your day of documenting :0) And I second how sweet Chloe is. She is a joy to have in class and activity days! I think God knew I could use some lessons in the sweetness and do-the-right-thing-without-grumbling department!...I hope Chloe rubs off on me ;0)

Patti said...

A perfectly lovely day with a perfectly lovely girl!

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm a sap. I teared up at the end of this. I love Chloe. I think her and Opal would be best friends.

Unknown said...

Also, that picture of her and Miles on the bench! Love.

Nicole said...

She's doing so much and she seems perfectly cool about all of it. I looked at this on my Kindle a few times before I saw it on my computer and realized that all the photos were black and white. Nice!

Claire said...

Way to go Chloe! That's a lot to take on and she's handling it like a champ.