Monday, May 12, 2014

Across the Mississippi

I'm working hard on my St. Louis bucket list.  Every time I think I've done everything I want to do, I think of something else.  I'm 78% sure I'm done this time.  One thing I've always wanted to do is take a picture of the St. Louis skyline at sunset from the Illinois side of the Mississippi.  The problem with that is that in order to get that picture, you have to be in East St. Louis.  At night.  [Waht-waaaaaaah.]  Last night I played the Mother's Day card and asked if we could go on a walk so I could break in my sweet new shoes Jeff bought me.  You know, just a walk across the Eads Bridge into East St. Louis.  
It was kind of awesome.  And windy.  Very windy.






We found an observation deck where you can get this shot.  We were about 30 minutes early, but it's still a nice view.

Down on the ground on the other side of the train tracks, we were able to get a little closer.

I love this.  All of this.

Jeff was kind enough to carry this whiner on his shoulders the whole walk back to the car.



Right about here was when I started to cry.  Mostly because my eyes were burning from the wind and my allergies.  Also, too, because we're moving in two weeks.

7 Wisecracks:

allyn said...

You are some kind of tough, lady. East St. Louis is your dream location for Mother's Day. You got some AMAZING shots. Beee-yootiful

Nicole said...

These pictures are so dreamy! I hate that my one trip to St. Louis was when you guys weren't home. Bah. Hard to leave, but how amazing that you got to live there, huh? (Always with the bright side.)

Patti said...

Fabulous pictures! Fabulous city!

Amy Maxwell said...

Love the pictures! Sunset shots are my favorite!

Unknown said...

You forgot to take a photo of your sweet new shoes...

melissa said...

I did have one shot of my shoes that I posted on Instagram and Jeff was mad because he thought it was the "the worst picture ever taken" of him, so I didn't add it here.

Sarah said...

GORGEOUS shots!! And what a great family to go along with your idea :0)