Thursday, May 15, 2014

"If music be the food of love, play on . . ."

That quote is from Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" and is written on the wall above our piano.  I taught my last piano lesson today.  It's been a great joy to have so much music in our home for the past few years.  I'm going to miss teaching these adorable musicians.
I mean, come on!  Could they be any cuter?

I held a recital Monday night and Jeff wasn't able to make it.  I told Harrison and Chloe that they would need to record each other for Jeff.  I had to stop the recital to tell a distracted Harrison it was time for him to record Chloe's performance.  After I saw the video, we had a little chat about how to not get a video that looks like this:
My mom has a beautiful glass piano-shaped music box that plays "Where Do I Begin?" (Theme from Love Story).  This one's for you, Mom!  I think Chloe does a nice job with "The Entertainer", too.  


Harrison woke up the crowd with his rendition of "Piano Playin' Chocolate Eater's Blues" and "He's a Pirate" from Pirates of the Caribbean.

I love that he loves to play.  I can't wait until we're grown ups and we can get him a nicer piano to pound.


I'm so glad I get to take my favorite students with me when we move.

2 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

So fun! You've done such nice work with your favorite students. I'm happy they get to take their teacher with them when they move.

Tammy and Alvin said...

Awesome! What talent. Seriously impressed with Harrison's pirate song. How old is that kid?!