Monday, March 2, 2015

Maxwell Party in Pocatello

Jeff and I recently celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  Go us!  We weren't planning to do anything over-the-top (as per usual), but he did take the week off of work.  That week happened to coincide with his sister, Amy, giving birth to her first child, so he let me fly away for the weekend.  I flew into Salt Lake City and spent the day visiting with family and friends as I made my way up to Pocatello, Idaho.  

I spent three days alone with my parents.  The last time I did that was NEVER.  It was pretty awesome and exactly what I needed.  

This is my newest nephew, Maxwell.  We were born in the same city.  Pocatello buddies!

Can you stand it?

He's just so . . . new!

My sister, Nicole, made the beautiful quilt he's lying on.  He totally loves it, Nicole!

My mom and I threw a baby shower for Amy and Max four days after he was born.  She and her husband, Jeff, have some very kind friends.  I think seeing how much support they had really lifted Amy's spirits.  (Babies are hard.)

Mom was so super nice to let me invite 30 strangers into her home to eat cake.  She is a party planning master and made that shower waaayyyyy better than it would have been if I had planned it alone.

It was such a delight to see my mother-in-law, Patti, in Pocatello.  My parents and Jeff's parents have been friends since long before we got married.  I admit we're lucky dogs.

This picture is a fun example of my worlds colliding.  My mom with my nephew and my husband's cousin, Berkley.  My mom's a cute grandma.

Amy, Jeff, and Max.  They are a happy family.

I hope this doesn't embarrass Amy, but she mentioned how helpful Jeff has been as she's been trying to figure out nursing because he grew up on a farm.  Ha!

This candid shot is my favorite thing.

I've known Amy since she was Chloe's age and it's been such a pleasure to watch her grow into the extraordinary woman she is now.  That Max is also a lucky dog.  Someday he'll admit it.

Some people are worth leaving Arizona in February for.

2 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

I can not thank you enough for all you and your mom did for Amy! Everything was perfect! I especially loved the pictures. So cute! Group hug!

allyn said...

Love!! They are such a cute family. Jeff knows more about nursing than amy. Is that right? Love it.