Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cousins!

Oh! what a week we've had!  I had the pleasure of seeing three of my sisters and their families over the last week and my heart grew three sizes.

First my sister, Makenzie, and her family came to visit us on their way to a wedding in Middleofnowhere, AZ.  My kids hadn't seen their Martinez cousins in years.  I spent a lot of time trying to explain who they were.  Ay yay yay.

Gabriel and Miles played games, all sorts.

Harrison and Uncle David also played games.  Harrison was happy to have a formidable opponent.

The little girls played dress up and tea party and makeover and all kinds of things in Chloe's pink room.  

We're so grateful they made the three hour detour to stop and say hi.  I haven't had to explain to my kids who their Martinez cousins are once this whole week.

The day after the Martinez' left our house, we flew to NC.  We spent a day with my sister, Katy, and her family in Wake Forest.  Our stay was brief, but the Coombs' made it count.

The kids played outside with Bryce and their other cousins.  Trampolines are an instant party.

Chloe and Anya made cupcakes for a Family Home Evening treat.  

Miles was a fan.

We played games and ate treats all night long.  It was so fun!  (P.S. Telestrations is my new favorite.)

The girls (all five of them) had school or work the next day, so Bryce represented in our porch picture.  This is soon after Harrison and Miles spent forever on the naughty chair for being The Worst.  Always leave in style, that's what I like to say.

Yep.  This is the best picture I could get with my sister, Allyn.  After a week up in Washington, DC (post soon to come!), we spent a day in Norfolk, VA with the Boneys.

Again we played games and ate treats and laughed until we cried.  Success!

Their backyard is perfect for little boys.  (Good thing, since they have five.)

The kids played baseball all morning and miraculously didn't break any windows.

Noah had an early soccer game, so we dragged the kids out for a porch picture in their pajamas.  I think it made things extra adorable.

Yep.  Three sizes.  At least.

3 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

I love seeing photos of my siblings together and their kids together. (I like BEING in them even more!) The photo of you and Allyn is my new screen saver. Hahahahahaha!

Emily said...

It all sounds lovely! Telestrations is the best game ever and I can only imagine playing it with you would be even more fun. Miss you and your delightful family!

Patti said...

What fun! It sounds like I need to go get me Telestrations!