Sunday, October 21, 2007

What's my surprise?



We had a fairly uneventful week, but Chloe was dressed in a cape for most of it, so it seemed exciting. Thursday morning I told Harrison we were going to get a surprise later in the day. He was filled with anticipation and spent the day guessing the surprise. A car? A train? Bob the Builder pajamas? I packed them in the car and took them to a pumpkin patch. "What's the surprise?" Harrison asked as got out of the car. I happily told them they each got to choose their very own pumpkin. They were underwhelmed.


Saturday we went for a walk as a family. Harrison told me he was going to pick me the biggest leaf he could find, "Because you're big, Mom."


A few days ago Chloe said, "Mommy pretty." I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Just to be sure, I said, "Mommy pretty?" "Yeah," she said, "Pooh pretty, too."

They're doing wonders for my self-esteem. I just finished another pint of Haagan Dasz.

Jeff's interviews have been flowing in. To the left I've listed places he will interview for his intern year. A list of residency interviews will follow shortly.



According to last week's poll an overwhelming 54% of you believe "Grey's Anatomy" is the most overrated amongst Tennesee Williams (9%), Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet (9%), and celery (27%).

5 Wisecracks:

Uno Kidney said...

If you go to Charlotte, NC, you could TOTALLY live in Belmont! What's up B-Town?

Lindsay said...

So, basically, you're a big Pooh.

melissa said...

That's right, all dreams come true in Belmont! My dream is to not be a big Pooh.

Ashley said...

I am digging the cape--I love kids with fun personalities. I'm glad you found me so I could find you--you're on the list!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog, Melissa, it's great to hear from you! Your blog is so fun to read, I'll definitely add it to my list of daily must-reads :)