Monday, January 7, 2008

Virginia is for Lovers

Last week Jeff and I dropped the kids off at the inlaws and headed to Charlottesville, Virginia for another one of Jeff's interviews. By my calculations, the last time we were without the kids overnight was last March and the last time I spent the day by myself was . . . before I had kids. I had no idea what to do with myself. I felt like I was missing limbs.

I went to the famous Downtown Mall, got myself a steamer, and walked around stores full of beautiful things I couldn't possibly afford. Then I remembered that I hate my hair, so I had my hair cut by a rude woman. I spent the rest of the afternoon crying about how rude she was and deciding that everyone in Charlottesville is a snob. I probably could have planned that better.

How would you spend a day off?

Next time, I think we'll stay at this place.

7 Wisecracks:

Anonymous said...

This is the most incredible blog I've ever seen.

Nicole said...

If I was in Charlottesville, Virginia on my hypothetical day off, I would skip the rude haircut and maybe read a good book on Thomas Jefferson's front lawn. Btw, I will TOTALLY visit you if you live in Charlottesville.

Jami & Boys said...

i meant to tell you on sunday that your hair was cute -- sorry to hear that the stylist was rude!

melissa said...

Wait, Thomas Jefferson's house is there? I so missed that. Thanks for being my secret blog admirer, Jeff. Thanks for being my haircut by a mean lady admirer, Jami.

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry you've had two bad hair cutting experiences in a row! No good! I sure think you're hair looks good though, so that's a plus.:)

Rachael said...

Your blog stories always make me laugh. I am sorry your stylist was rude but I noticed your haircut on Sunday and I think it looks great.
See you tomorrow!

Catie said...

What an enchanting adventure (minus the rude hair stylist!). I hope interviews and decision making all goes well. We're excited to hear what the future holds for you!