Friday, February 15, 2008

And they lived happily ever after . . .


Tomorrow we're celebrating our 6th Wedding Anniversary. Through my years of watching romantic movies I was under the impression, before I married, that marriage was the ultimate goal. Once you achieved it, you were home free. It quickly became clear to me that life would go on. Bills still need to be paid, exams still need to be taken, jobs still need to be found. There were some luxuries of engaged life that we could no longer enjoy. It took me a while to learn that just because we weren't always holding hands it didn't mean we weren't in love, anymore. Six years later, we may not sit as close as we used to, but I think we've filled the space nicely.


Below is a slideshow of our wedding day with pictures taken by my sister, Katy. (You're so jealous you didn't have a musical tribute written and performed for you by your family. So jealous.)


4 Wisecracks:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! Your reception is one of the few I still remember! You guys are the most amazing, perfect couple that's also very normal! Have a great anniversary.

bobincary said...

Thanks for the sweet trip down memory lane, Lissy. I think you did live happily ever after. I can't wait to see where it is you live.

Jami & Boys said...

hey did you guys go out? i'd love to take your kids for you one night if you didn't get the chance yet . . . seriously!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Jeff! I can't believe it has been six years already. I think you have some of the best wedding pictures ever!