Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Potty Training Diary--Day 3

Why isn't there a potty-training camp for kids? Somebody could make a bundle on it. I'm just sayin'. . .
Frustration has set in and I'm not sure I can make it through the end of the week with this. Chloe had two accidents today and no successes. We put her in pull-ups while she naps and during bedtime. (Just so she knows she doesn't wear diapers, anymore.) She woke up soaking wet. Those suckers may as well be thongs.
She had her last four accidents in the same spot in her bedroom. Very weird. Maybe the chi flows better in there than in the bathroom.

Total carnage: 2 accidents, 1 towel.

I guess when I put it that way, she's showing improvement.

6 Wisecracks:

Kimberly said...

http://cbs2chicago.com/health/potty.training.booty.2.333420.html

Is all I'm saying. I'm still looking for one that just takes my kids and does ALL the work. No follow up needed from me.

Deep breaths and lots of chocolate for you. You are so brave.

Jen said...

put a portable pot in the spot where she does it

Jen said...

Advice from the woman who took two years to potty train each of her children....ah the good old days...but, yeah, consider the source

Jay-See said...

Take a deep breath and don't put too much pressure on her! Everyone told me that they would figure it out before kindergarten. If you make sure she "voids" right before nap time and right after nap time will be habit. Always before car trips, etc. If she goes in the same spot, she knows what she's doing - she's hiding from the Mommy. Maybe her favorite song is something else :) Hang in there Melissa with an I! Love your blog!

Ashley said...

Little girl thongs...you're on to something. I actually wouldn't be surprised if some moms seek them out. You know. Unsightly panty lines in your toddler. Sorry it's been a nightmare, but now I know. I'll let Abbey's kindergarten teacher deal with potty training :)

melissa said...

All good advice. Thanks!