Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Down on the Farm


Today we met my sister, Nicole and her daugher, Bridget at a farm in Lehi. The kids were SO excited to see real animals. They were most excited about seeing the donkey (because of a donkey named Eeyore), the chickens, and pigs.

We saw the cows, horses, and donkey first. If the animals got too close to the fence, Chloe had a panic attack and Harrison squealed like a girl. Someone pointed out that there was a sign by the donkey that said, "Watch Out! I bite." The kids were so done with the donkey.

The kids thought the chickens were great. . . until they made noise. No more chickens for them, thanks.

They were fine with the pigs, as long as they stayed fifteen feet away and ate their lunch quietly.

Nicole looked down at Harrison and Chloe and said, "City kids."
Here's Nicole being the Goat Whisperer.

The kids did enjoy the pony ride.

5 Wisecracks:

elizabeth said...

that is so funny how kids think they love animals but not so much up close! I loved the pictures.

Heidi said...

Sounds like a fun trip!

thanks for the paci tip. :)

allyn said...

are you really all moved and ready for the activities? you have only been there for a week. i hope h is getting pumped for the sleepover of sleepovers with adam!
nicole totally looks like she is regarding that goat. "the farmer and the pig regarded each other." good line from "babe".

Greg said...

I'm with the kids on the chicken thing, birds just freak me out!

Unknown said...

I love how I went to NC and you went to Utah. We missed each other, but I will be back to find you when I come back to Utah. Love the stories.