Friday, June 20, 2008

Let Me Remember the Faces of My Family

Last night we went to a company picnic up at Snowbird Ski Resort. They promised all sorts of games and rides but it was mostly a moonbounce and a bungee trampoline. Harrison really wanted to try the bungee thing but the line was really long. I told him we would go for a ride on the tram while we waited for the line to shorten. That was before I knew what a tram was. In case you aren't sure, either, this is a tram:

Booooo. I'm not a fan of large objects being held up by small objects. I don't even go on rides at the fair. (They put those things up in, like, a day! That can't be safe.) But the kids were so excited about it that I faced my fears and got in the large swinging box and prayed in earnest that I could escape death just one more day.

Once we got to the top, the view really was amazing and I was glad I had pushed through my panic attack. Good times.



9 Wisecracks:

allyn said...

such cute pictures! why won't you tell me the secret to the drawings? hilarious cable ride. we could totally play the magna doodle game on our blogs, if only you would tell me how it works.

melissa said...

I didn't realize I was being secretive. It's just microsoft paint. There. Secret revealed.

KQ said...

You're quite the artist!
By the way...Crystal's in the hospital right now having her baby. Yay!!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Loved the picture of you in the tram! The bungee thing looks so fun too! I envy the snow in your pictures during this blazing hot NC weather

Unknown said...

I have clear memories of my mom taking the three kids on a tram (because we begged) and then white knuckling it the whole way. We weren't even allowed to talk to her during the tram ride - she was too busy praying and trying not to throw up. Poor mom!

By the way, I love your blog!

Unknown said...

nice graphic, Melissa! I am impressed. I never thought about trams as being a big thing held up by little things, but it is true. Glad you made it back alive.

Bush's said...

i love the picture of you on the tram where you look totally unsure...that is exactly how I would look! We miss you guys!

Nicole said...

Brian and I went to that exact spot at Snowbird the night after you were there! (First time you, first time me.) You're glad you didn't have to listen to Brian's "I can't believe you think that tram looks scary" speech. Booo.

kenzie said...

Lucky! I'm jealous 'cause that sounds like so much fun, yet scary too.