Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hello, Real World. Nice to meet you.

When I graduated from high school I remember the wise, young valedictorian saying, "Now we are entering the real world . . ." I was really excited to be a part of it. But then I continued to be a student for five (yeah, that's right) more years. When I graduated from college, the student-appointed graduation speaker said, "Now we're entering the real world . . ." But then Jeff was in school for five more years, so it still felt like we were living the student life (except now the t.v. wasn't on top of the mini fridge). As I drove Jeff to work yesterday for his first day as a doctor, it finally felt like we were in the real world. I hear food tastes better here.

2 Wisecracks:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Congrats to Dr. Jeff Harrison :) (word on the street is some crazy lady is out there calling him that. sorry if it catches on.)

Kate said...

Hooray for the long white coat! Hope Jeff's work goes well. Here's to paychecks instead of student loans!