Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Beach Party 2008

On June 27th, the kids and I flew to North Carolina for Jeff's family's annual beach trip. We started the week going to the temple with Jeff's brother, Brian, in preparation for his mission to Provo, Utah. The beach was delightful, as always, and it was great to be together again. We spent our days on the beach and our nights playing Rock Band and eating ice cream. I also got to see my sister, Katy, and her lovely family. When we got home, Jeff had a big surprise for us. Too bad for you that you have to endure my ridiculously long slideshow in order to find out what the surprise was.

8 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

Ok, that was ridiculously long, but so cute. And that's the kind of surprise that's nice to come home to. It's like you won the showcase on The Price Is Right. My brother Steve is in the Provo mission. Let's hope for Scott's sake that they don't have to serve together! I am a mean sister, but seriously...

Heidi said...

Congrats on the car! How fun!
I went to the beach that week too...just up the island from you all. :)
looks like you had a good time!

Courtney said...

What great pictures! There are my favorite moments:

1. Chloe's sad picture - b/c I picture you backing away as she comes up crying so that you can take the picture. Plus, she's uber-cute!

2. Pops reads a lot.

3. Your green bathing suit - I love it!

4. The caption on the last picture. It's perfectly Bob Barker-esque!

Lindsay said...

Melissa, that was a GREAT slide show! Great pictures - and it made me really want to get out to the beach...so, I'm a little jealous. Oh, and I'm jealous of your new car, too. Maybe I should stop reading your blog...

Kate said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! Way to go Jeff!

My two favorite pictures:
1. Harrison tanning
2. Chloe walking down the boardwalk stairs in her heart-shaped sunglasses. So classy.

Patti said...

Wow! That was great! I was there, but I totally missed the sand car. Now I understand why Justin kept asking me to make a sand car. Good thing I distracted him with a real car and a sand road! :D

Kasey Q said...

Awesome car! I like it! Welcome to being in debt, again.

melissa said...

HAHA! You're hilarious! Like we were ever OUT of debt! But, seriously, the car is used and we got a great deal on it, so no worries.