Friday, July 11, 2008

Go, Birthday Boy, Go!

My little boy turned five on Tuesday!
(Here he is with his first tooth.)

Why does five seem so much older than four? Maybe it's because now he's starting school and before I know it he'll be graduating from high school and leaving me. Now I'm going to cry.

As someone with a summer birthday, I always worried that his birthdays would be dull because everyone would be out of town. Harrison was born close to July 4th so we are usually surrounded by family. I'm pretty sure he thinks his birthday is the event of the century because his parties are always huge. This year my whole family was in town for my brother Rob's wedding. We invited them to Harrison's last soccer game and everyone came to cheer him on.
(Above: My nephew, Noah, shows his team spirit with a leg tattoo.)

Harrison scored five goals! (One was for the other team.) After the game we had cake and ice cream and played on the playground.
(Above L-R: Katy, Makenzie and Gabriel, Nicole, Allyn and Noah, Jennie, Melissa and Chloe.)
That night he had a sleepover with his cousin, Adam. My sister had given him a Superhero kit, so the kids played superheroes all night.

(Above: Bumblebee Girl, Rocket Boy, and Super Harrison.)

3 Wisecracks:

Kristi said...

Wow, Harrison's 5. That seems amazing. It looks like he had a GREAT birthday! I love the superhero costume--what a great gift from an aunt who obviously knows 5 year old boys very well.:)

Jen said...

I'm happy to take the credit for that! LOVE it!

Rachael said...

Happy 5th Birthday Harrison! We sure miss you! Hope you had a great birthday!