Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mommy's Little Boy

To round out our perfectly blogtastic week, my little brother Rob got married on Thursday. If you know Rob, then you know what a unique individual he is. We always knew that the woman who married him would have to be a very special human being. When Claire came along and fell in love with Rob we all realized (as my dad put it at their wedding luncheon) we had "seriously underestimated this boy." She is delightful in every way and I'm so happy for them both. Here they are entering the world as a couple.


I had such a great time on my wedding day. The whole day was filled with magic and roses and shooting stars and I figured that's how it was for everyone. It wasn't until I saw this picture of my nephews that I considered that maybe it wasn't magical for everyone.

The great lesson I learned on Thursday was that no matter what the cost, it is always worth it to get a babysitter on a wedding day. Here are some of my choicest pics.



I did manage to snap a couple of photos of the kids dressed up and not sad.


I didn't get many good pictures, but Nicole and Makenzie both have lovely tributes on their blogs, so check them out!

6 Wisecracks:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Melissa. This is Matt Gertsch (Heather's brother). Anyway, we got your suggestions of places to see and are excited to check them out. It was fun to see pictures of Heather and her family on your blog. I met Ryan Hansen today at church, and I actually remember his wife from a dance in high school. I hope you guys are enjoying St. Louis!

KQ said...

Your fears and feelings about Robbie are the exact same ones we have about Steve and Sam! I just really can't imagine the girl that would want to spend eternity with either one of those weirdos! So, this has all given me some hope for my brothers. Thanks!

Rachael said...

Cute pictures of the kids...both the happy and the sad ones! Looks it was a beautiful wedding...I don't remember Utah being so green and lush!

Jen said...

Taylor's response to this (none of us have seen that awesome picture of the Allred boys before) was- "yeah, kids hate weddings. That is a fact of life." He would know as he has been the victim of TEN aunt/uncle weddings.

Kristi said...

Oh, Melissa, that post made me laugh out loud. Ahh, thanks, I needed that.:) And i will remember that whenever my brother (just got off the mission) gets married--get a baby-sitter.:)

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Congrats to Robbie! I loved the posts, especially the nephews! Hilarious! I really do miss your family!