Friday, March 20, 2009

Meet Me in St. Louis

Well, I'm back. St. Louis is adorable and I can't wait to live there. I was able to find a cozy (and not in a mobile home way) home for us in a nice neighborhood with great schools. It's a good thing I went in person, though. People are liars and surprisingly good photographers. How do they make crappy houses look so cute in photographs?

I stayed with my cousin Ashley and her sweet family. The first night I was there, I completely threw off their daughter's sleep schedule by having them come pick me up from the airport at a truly inconvenient time. She woke up at 1am on Tuesday ready to party. Then on Tuesday, one of their cars broke down and I happened to be borrowing their spare car. At that point, the youngest one told me to go home because I was ruining their lives and eating all their steak. (Or something like that. She mumbles.)
On Wednesday, Ashley took me downtown to see the sights and their spare car broke down right there in the city. Look how sad they were to see me leave.
I'm so happy to be able to check this off my list. Now I can concentrate on packing and having a baby and moving. Hopefully in that order.

12 Wisecracks:

Anne said...

Huzzah! Home sweet home.

KQ said...

I'm sure you're a moving expert by now, but just in case... I have been finding free moving boxes on craigslist. I also go to the grocery store on Monday morning (or any moring that they are stocking shelves) by 8am and get boxes.

Don't waste your time with cheap packing tape. It splits and is just annoying.

Oh, and don't buy the Sharpie King Size marker. It has a "king size" smell that will make you high for a few days.

We are moving in less than a month! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that all your dreams come true in the order that you want them to.

Ashley said...

Hayden does love her red meat. Sorry we had a ridiculously unlucky time while you were here. But I'm glad you were there to buffer the crazy. I'm sure I would have completely lost it on the side of the road if you hadn't been with me. I'm sad our paths won't cross this summer, I'm pretty sure we'll move before you make it here. But I know you'll love it, this place has so much to offer. Good luck in the next few months--that is much more than any person should have to handle all at once.

allyn said...

good thing you were successful in your journey. awesome picture of you under the arch. let me guess, ashley took it?

Jen said...

Did the little boy come with Hayden's bow?

melissa said...

Yeah . . . I don't know what that means, Jen.

melissa said...

OH! NOW I see it. Kind of creepy.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

oh!!! Packing and moving while pregnant!! I did that and told Peter we will NEVER do that again!!! Good luck!!!
(finding a house is good!!)

Jess said...

You know, it's probably best I don't live in a place where a musical takes place. The theme song always comes into my head when I read "St Louis." :) Cole would probably get sick me singing the same song.

Hey, when are you moving? I was hoping we might see you when we are in UT in June. Looks like we might miss you! :(

Unknown said...

THAT IS THE COOLEST PREGNANCY PHOTO I'VE EVER SEEN. Loved it. Very cool.

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Great arch pic. and so glad you found a place! Good luck with your move, baby, and new life! Yea!

* Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you found a good house. Did you decide to rent or buy? We delayed our house-hunting trip to Rochester for another month since our baby was in the hospital, but now he is doing better and I've got to start getting busy looking for houses online again. Crazy!