Sunday, May 3, 2009

Birthday, Bowling, Bah-bye

Several months ago Harrison started planning his birthday party. When I told him we would no longer be living here when he turns six, he was very upset. I told him we could have a party with his friends before we moved. (Not my smartest move.) We had to make sure that we had the party before we moved, before school was over, before the baby came, on a weekend, on a day that Jeff wasn't working.

And that's the story of how Harrison had a birthday party two months before his birthday.

We let him invite six friends to Fat Cat's, a bowling alley/extravaganza of fun. Aren't they a cute group?
He had so much fun and we had fun not having six kindergartners in our house. Totally worth it. I'm going to show him these pictures when his actual birthday roles around and he asks why he only gets a high-five.

8 Wisecracks:

kenzie said...

Chloe looks exactly like you in that last picture! Happy Unbirthday to Harrison. Hopefully his real birthday will be nice, too.

Annie Jarman said...

I want to go bowling for MY birthday this year! My husband totally owes me since we spent my last birthday in the ER due to him having kidney stones.

Tammy and Alvin said...

There is a person with a St. Louis Cardinals sweatshirt in the background. (If that's you, I love it. They're in first place!) In a couple years, he'll think he really did celebrate his birthday in St. Louis.

allyn said...

excellent idea! i bet he was so happy all day long. very smart, too, because you will probably be in no mood to throw a party. sorry i didn't get a card or gift to him in time for the big day.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
We really need to have a family reunion some time so I can actually meet your kids. :)

Heidi said...

How fun for Harrison! And you not having them at your house! I love the "high five " he'll be getting. Good luck with the move and the baby.

Patti said...

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! What smart parents you are! :D

Ted said...

Justin has been to two b-day parties at McDonalds. He said he wanted to have his b-day at McDonalds. In fact he thinks that's the only way to celebrate your b-day. I told him we were Jehovah's Witness and that birthdays are for sinners.