Saturday, July 18, 2009

Smells Like Optimism

A while back I took a trip to Bath and Body Works to find some body wash and lotion that would make me smell pretty. I found something in their aromatherapy section: Optimism.
Earlier this week, Jeff was bathing Chloe and as he poured a drop of body wash on a washcloth, he told her "This will make you optimistic, Chloe." She answered, "I really don't think so, Daddy."


That's been the theme of the week. Everything Mommy suggests is met with a similar response.



"It's a beautiful day! You guys should go outside and play."

"I really don't think so, Mommy."
"I'll bet your fairies would love to play in the backyard."

"I really don't think so, Mommy."


"Make a funny face and I'll take your picture."

"I really don't think so, Mommy."

"When can we go inside?"

"This isn't fun at all."

My plan for the future is to slather myself with Optimism and hope I survive the rest of the summer.

Speaking of optimism, Jeff thinks it wouldn't be prudent at this juncture for me to say so, but I think my baby has blue eyes.


5 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

So THAT'S where I need to shop for my optimism! You're hilarious. So are your kids. I'm with Bridget when she tells me (almost every day), "I miss my Chloe."

That baby has blue eyes for sure! It's his only chance to not be mistaken for his brother. Your plan will work!

Patti said...

I really do think so Mommy! It's your reward for being a loyal Paul Newman fan. Keep slathering on the optimism!

Mom said...

Sorry - that's just the reflection of the sky in his eyes! Paul Newman not withstanding. I still say they're brown.
Fun pictures - how could anyone not want to play in that back yard?

melissa said...

You're kidding me, right. Mom? Why don't you want me to have a blue-eyed child? Why can't you just be happy for me? MARSHA, MARSHA, MARSHA!

Heidi said...

Your kids are so cute! I hope Miles eyes stay that blue for you! He is a doll!!