Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My First in 1st

(Harrison enjoys his last day of summer vacation.)

Harrison started first grade today. He was starting at a new school so all of the emotions from his first day of kindergarten repeated themselves. As we approached his school, I watched as crowds of people headed in our direction. There was so much excitement in the air! Like we were all going to watch fireworks, or something. A family on the corner caught my eye. The mom was crying, the dad was snapping every possible picture, and the daughter was posing with great confidence in front of the school marquee. It was so sweet.


He found his classroom and greeted his teacher.



Doesn't she look like a beauty queen? Miss First Grade Teacher 2009! By the end of the day, he had dubbed the boy sitting next to him his Best Friend. They sure make it look easy, don't they?

10 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

He looks so grown up with that HUGE backpack! One of the guys had a really hot teacher. I think her name was Ms. Nichols. Harry John was not allowed to go to any school functions or parent/teacher conferences that year! I'm glad Harrison's first day went so well.

Annette Bailey said...

Have I ever told you how much I love Harrison's facial expressions? And every little boys dream is to have a beautiful elementary teacher. I wonder if the other teachers hate her?

Heidi said...

His face says it all! I love it!

Nicole said...

Hubba hubba zing zing!

What a lucky coincidence that he ended up sitting next to his BFF. (That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. I'm guessing it was the red hair and creative use of markers and not the proximity...)

allyn said...

i love harrison's face in that last one. he looks like brad pitt trying to get through the crowds of paparazzi with his trophy babe.

Kimberly said...

I agree with Patti. No parent teacher conferences for Jeff this year. No fair that teachers get to look like that. I bet it's because they didn't birth any of those kids.

Unknown said...

of course he would make his best friend a red head. That is only natural.

Unknown said...

so so cute. P.S. you are just as pretty as his teacher little missy and don't you forget it. :)

Unknown said...

love love love your bleeding hearts photo. Did you take that, Melissa?

melissa said...

Thanks, Chelsea! Yes, I did take it. They're from my friend Anne's garden. Thanks, Anne!