Monday, August 24, 2009

Webster Groves

One of the charms of St. Louis is that even though it's a large city, it's divided into dozens of small communities so you feel like you live in a small town. Now that I only have two children to transport hither and yon during the day, we can go explore some of these areas. Last week, we walked around downtown Webster Groves and found both my dream house and this cool church.







I didn't get a picture of my dream house. Secretly, I find my dream house every other day here. There's a lot of fun architecture around St. Louis. Reason #2 for you to come and visit me.
Off I go to vacuum up the buffet beneath my dining room table. (Reason #3 for you to come and visit.)

10 Wisecracks:

Heather McKeon said...

I love that red door - reason #4 for me to come visit.

Actually Mark & I have been talking about going to visit my Grandma next year - so maybe when we're in MO we'll drop by and visit you and Paul Whiteley.

allyn said...

i'm trying to work it out. your three reasons and heather's fourth are quite enticing.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Wow! Those pictures are awesome!!

Jess said...

I love when cities create a small town feel. You still have the benefits of the city, but have a community to settle into. I would love to see St. Louis- do they have sites for where the movie was filmed? :) I wonder how long it would take me to drive there.

Patti said...

Any reason that the doors are red, besides offering a great splash of color and contrast? That is a very cool church.

Kasey Q said...

Beautiful church! You weren't kidding!

melissa said...

Paul Whitely=Reason #5 to visit St. Louis.

Patti, I'm not sure why the doors are red. I'll have to ask some of my Presby friends. Or maybe it's to keep the monsters of The Village away.

Katy said...

Gorgeous pictures! Your life looks so fun! St. Louis is very enticing. Is your buffet a piece of furniture, or did you cook a lot of food?

melissa said...

No, the kids DROPPED a lot of food under the table.

Heidi said...

beautiful ! I'd love to come see ya and the city...maybe one day ;)