Monday, November 30, 2009

The Results

I've been on vacation ("Vacation from my PROBLEMS.") for the past week which gave you plenty of time to vote for your favorite in the Not-So-Pretty Face-Off.  It also gave Wendy plenty of time to campaign.  Whatever, dude.  In my opinion, one bad picture does not a bowzer make, but I suppose I have to call it.

With 51% of the vote, M.A.F.W. is the winner of The Face-Off!  Congratulations (?) Wendy, you are the bowzer in the bunch!  When she emailed me her winning picture, she also sent me three other pictures from her childhood just to assure me that she was super cute at some point.  As if I wasn't sure.  So,  here she is during her not-so-awkward years:



And here she is today:


I would like to thank Jen and Jeff for their worthy entries. 

Also thanks to my father for finding the picture I was talking about:


When Jeff and I were engaged he somehow got ahold of this picture.  When people would ask him what his fiance looked like, he'd show it to them.

8 Wisecracks:

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

You always make me laugh so darn hard. Love it!!

Heather McKeon said...

Mark and I voted together and I must say that had we seen that photo instead of just your drawing, it might have affected our vote! But Mark still insists that Jen should've won solely based on the androgynous nature of her photo. (No offense Jen! Though you did submit your photo so I guess that means you know what he means?!)

I love that Jeff showed off his sexy fiancé! When Susy was engaged she drew a picture of Todd that looked kind of like a cross between the Moon Man and Ronald McDonald. Everyone was pleasantly surprised when they saw how nice and normal and attractive he was...

KQ said...

The years have been good to you Mel.

kenzie said...

And you still married him?! j/k
Wendy is darling.

jennygranola said...

Thanks Kenzie! FYI...I would have voted for you Melissa, if that picture would have been in the contest. However...I am SUPER glad I can say my awful picture has won a contest. Thank you all!! My mom was right, it did build character AND wins contests!

now...something about a trophy?

koryn said...

At least we can say that shade of blue suits you. Ummmm. Yeah, that's what we can say about that picture. You really threw the game by keeping this out of the running. However, the story behind the shot that won may have been part of the appeal. I may guard my children all the way through the picture line.

wendy holt said...

so...Jennygranola was actually me! However, I might need to resign my title back to melissa.

God bless bad school pictures to know how awesome we are now.

Kasey Q said...

Oh Mel, Mel, Mel. I think I'm going to have to agree that that picture is certainly not your best. BUT, look at you now you HOT MAMMA!