Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Decade!

Jeff's brother Ted and his family came to visit us for New Year's.  They brought the fun with them.
Harrison and Chloe have had major cabin fever and I'm pretty sure adding Justin and Aeli to the mix saved us from a battle to the death.  So far Ted and Aubrie have visited us during the hottest week in St. Louis and the coldest week in St. Louis.  I'll bet they love this place.  Since it was too cold to do anything else, we all headed to the St. Louis Science Center . . . along with every other St. Louis-zian.  (Hm.  What do you call someone from St. Louis?  I'll have to look that up.)
Ted and Aubrie are both astronomers.  Or astro-physicists.  Or Masters of the Universe.  I'm hazy on the details.  In any case, they're super smart and their kids ask crazy questions that Ted and Aubrie can actually answer.  ("How far away is the moon from the earth?")  I usually have to Google stuff or tell the kids to ask Daddy.  My poor deprived children.
Miles (age 7 months), Ted (age 31), and Nathan (age 12 months). 

Miles learned a few lessons with Nathan around.  He used to stay within a five foot radius, but Nathan introduced him to the idea that no room was off limits.  Now I have to sweep my floors, I guess.  This morning Miles pulled himself up to a standing postition next to the couch.  Thanks for the inspiration, Cuz.

6 Wisecracks:

Jen said...

Cute. Cute. We've been calling Henry "Jack-Jack" because he moves so fast that you don't see him. Spending lots of time picking things up off the floor....

I love that picture of Ted with the drink- he looks like a real party animal :)

Tammy and Alvin said...

Fun times! Can you hook me up with Aubrie's eclair recipe?

wendy holt said...

phew! I thought you were ignoring me, now that I know you had family in town, I won't unfriend you on facebook. Happy New Year for you!!

Nicole said...

That's a big baby.

(I hope you read that in the right voice... I'm talking about Miles, btw.)

;)

melissa said...

Tammy and Alvin, I'll see what I can do. It might be a secret recipe.

kenzie said...

Never have the biggest baby! Jealous of your party. You guys know how to throw a New Year's party.