Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Afternoon in Paris

Not really.  The Missouri Botannical Gardens is currently having their annual Orchid Show and My Lovely Friend Brenda invited us to come see it with her.  The theme of the show this year was Paris.  They painted an Eiffel Tower on the wall and played French music.  I felt like I was really there!  (Please note the sarcasm.)

Brenda helps Chloe with the "Eye Spy."                              I pose with the princess.
Actually it was all vey beautiful.  The amazing orchids combined with the smell of the flowers and the sound of the music created a total sensory experience.  I had no idea there were so many different types of orchids.  Do you know how many there are?  At least this many:

I know!  Aren't they gorgeous?  Here are a few of my very favorites:

These remind me of the flowers on Alice in Wonderland.  (Not the new one where Johnny Depp's costume gives me nightmares.)


This is what I picture when I think of orchids.

This is my favorite.  I don't know why.  It's just so unusual. 

And so my French week continues.  It was so nice to see flowers and green leaves again.  I'm so over winter.  Winter, I am done with you!  Off I go to finish my Olympic Project before the closing ceremonies. 

5 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

C'est magnifique!

Jess said...

Gorgeous! I love orchids. I know what you mean with the orchids from Alice in Wonderland (Emmett recently watched it) and the new Alice in Wonderland frightens me. Glad I'm not alone!

allyn said...

AWESOME. i don't know any exclamations in french, but these are gorgeous. isn't it fun to take pictures of flowers? i love doing it, anyway.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I love chloe's clothes!! ha ha!
Have I ever told you that you look fabulous?!!
Well.....
YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!

(ps. the flowers look okay too.)

kenzie said...

Yes, orchids make me happy and remind me of Alice in Wonderland, too! And NEVER the new Alice in Wonderland. The preview gives me nightmares.