Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Chloe wore out her first pair of ballet shoes.  (Secretly they were pink slippers with bows that Target dubbed "ballet slippers.")  Yesterday I took her to the dance wear store and bought her some real ballet shoes.

She spent the day dancing around the house telling me how beautiful she was in her new shoes.

The other day Harrison asked her if she would have a lightsaber fight with him.  She paused, sighed deeply and said, "Well, I'm just too strong to do that.  I'll just beat you."
I hope she always feels strong and beautiful.

10 Wisecracks:

wendy holt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendy holt said...

Sweet Sweet Chloe

KQ said...

So sweet.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

:)
I LOVE little girls!!! They make the world a pretty (and pink) place to be.

Aron at sea said...

The ballet shoe company is going to hunt her down to be their model. In that last picture she and Adam have the same face.

melissa said...

She does look like Adam! I never noticed how beautiful he is. :)

allyn said...

adam is also a poser. you should see our Christmas card "shoot". hammy. chloe is too smart, beautiful and strong for anyone to fight.

Jen said...

Chloe is a girl after my own heart. I remember doing the same thing with my ballet shoes. I would wear my school shoes to school and then change into my ballet slippers to wear in the classroom so that everyone knew I was a ballerina. And I played the part. Yes, I did.

Annie Jarman said...

Oh my! So lovely! I bought Emily some ballet slippers since she started classes. She's in love with them. She "tiddy toes" all over the house saying "I a ballerina, Mommy!"

Love those baby ballerinas and their first pair of ballet slippers!

Meredith said...

I love this.