Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Old St. Charles

It was sunny and 70 degrees today so I packed the kids in the car and headed to Historic Downtown St. Charles with My New Friend Tara.  St. Charles is right on the Missouri River and was part of Lewis and Clark's expedition.  The old Main Street features cobblestone streets with adorable shops that sell things like art, candy, jewelry, candy, and stuff you look at and say, "oooo," but never actually buy (like hourglasses).
And did I mention candy?
They also have cutesy names for their establishments like "Nic Nac Shop" and "Memories in the Attic" and "The Mother-in-law House."  What the?

Chloe spent the morning knocking on doors and seeing if someone would knock back. 

She was always mildly annoyed when someone would answer the door instead of knocking back (which was always).  If you're wondering what's up with her outfit, I have no answers for you. 

She's going to be so glad I documented this phase of her life so well.

12 Wisecracks:

wendy holt said...

Fun!! I am glad you had a fun day! If Chloe comes here, I will knock back when she knocks on my door.

Mom said...

Miss Chloe is so cute! She will look back as see what a fun time she had, I'm sure.
What a fun place! Can we go there when I come see you? I've got to work that out!

Nicole said...

No need to make me want to take a trip more than I already do. I'm so easy I probably would have bought an hourglass.

Polka dots match everything. Don't be such a hater. :) (You're looking adorable, btw.)

KQ said...

Looking good...
Either your Dentist Elf hair has grown out or the St. Charles weather was kind to your hair.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

What?!! You would not buy an hourglass? ;)

I love Chloe's outfit! If I look at it long enough, I can see a cool 3D picture pop out at me. It's pretty awesome!! :)

Greg said...

Way to be your own woman Chloe! Don't give in to the trends, make your own. You're my kinda girl ;)

Jeff said...

You look super-hawt in that last picture.

Jess said...

My kids would totally love a knocking-on-doors playdate. It's a wonder they haven't thought of it yet. They've got the doorbell, but the door...

Love the last picture.

kenzie said...

70 degrees? Lucky! When I come to visit, you can take me to St. Charles. There's a lot of saints in your area.

melissa said...

I hope you are not all liars about coming to visit me, because I just started cleaning the guest room. (It's also Chloe's room and it needed cleaning anyway, but still . . .) I also hope you are not liars about me looking adorable. These are things I hope.

Mom said...

We are thinking about coming around your birthday. Would that work? Hate to waste a good cleaning. Also, like Jeff said, you look hawt!

allyn said...

i totally thought i commented on this one. i loved it so much. chloe is too fun and i was thinking how adorable you were looking before i read anyone's comments.
ohdang, i think i hear the dog doing the dishes. he is so getting thrown out the window....grrrr.