Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bugz: The Musical

Harrison had his 1st Grade Spring Concert last night.  I was so excited to see it because I missed his kindergarten spring concert.  (That one was the day after Miles was born.)  He's been practicing for weeks and we were all very familiar with his songs and his lines.  What a shame that we won't hear him singing these songs every time he goes to the bathroom.  He was very serious about the whole thing and didn't miss a beat.  This was a far cry from his first theatrical performance and I'm happy to know that he wasn't scarred for life by our preschool play. 

Their program was entitled "Bugs: The Musical."  Unless the script specified what kind of bug they were, the kids got to choose what they wanted to be.  Harrison chose to be a spider.  I'd like to thank M.A.F.W.'s son for wanting to be a spider for Halloween (two years in a row).  Thanks for the costume, Wendy!

I've highlighted Harrison in this picture so you know where he is in the video.


So there he is next to the busybody bee and the . . . kid who's too cool for Bugz: The Musical.

10 Wisecracks:

allyn said...

EXCELLENT costume. and he was right on the whole time. too bad the busy bee is infringing on his personal space so his choreography was hampered.
if i never hear the soundtrack to annie ever again, i will die happy. emma was singing the never-ending version of "i don't need anything but you" for her entire shower the other night. shooot me now. the big show is tonight!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

I didn't watch the video yet. Sitting in my office and a surefire way to show you're not doing actual work with the clickety clack of keys is a chorus of 1st Graders. But I'm dying to know - does the video explain the COWBOY bug?! Terrifying :).

Ashley said...

I like when the cowboy headbutts his horse. What kind of bug rides a horse?

Ashley said...

Whoa...sisters. Commenting at the exact same time. Sucker! I just have to hide from my kids to watch the video :)

melissa said...

That little guy is a horse-fly. Get it? He's also autistic and lasted just a couple more songs before he hopped off the saddle. That was the highlight for me. :)

KQ said...

Nice moves!

Greg said...

Adorable! And that's saying a lot since I'm not a fan of spiders.

Nicole said...

Awwwww! That was the cutest thing ever!! Look how intense he is - he knew it so well.

Thanks for explaining that horsefly. Terrifying indeed.

wendy holt said...

So, would the kids in Camo be "army ants"? If so, that would be awesome. If not, somebody took the wrong note home. I am so glad the costume worked out! I knew Bradley's obsession with spiders would pay off for others one day!

melissa said...

They're totally army ants! Way to know your insects, Wendy.