Friday, April 30, 2010

Call a Medic! Or a Superhero!

I'm one of three teachers for Chloe's co-op preschool.  It's similar to the preschool I did for Harrison but with fewer dance-offs and more playing dead.  No, really.  We have a half hour of playtime and the kids spend the whole time playing dead.

They stay dead until someone comes along with super powers and brings them back to life.

The superhero saves everyone and they are then free to go back to fighting crime.

That is, until one of them dies again . . .


So yesterday I took them on a field trip to the zoo.  They were so excited! As they ran up the sidewalk to the zoo entrance, Little E fell down and scraped her elbow.  Once we were inside and I was cleaning it up, a zoo employee asked if we needed help.  I asked if he had a bandaid and he said, "Let me get a medic up here."  He radioed that he needed a medic immediately and another zoo dude came to assess the injury.  That dude sent word to the authorities and soon two medics showed up to treat the wound and fill out a report.  (?!) 

Then we had to go through the whole procedure again when Miles got caught in this hippo's mouth:

The lesson here is that I should carry my own daggum bandaids and if you get injured you should definitely call a superhero rather than a medic because there's less paperwork. 

7 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

Miles looks pretty chill about being in a hippo's mouth. When did he become a big boy?!

Also, kids are so weird. What a crazy game. I didn't know Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) had super powers...

Patti said...

I think her super powers came from the green boots. I'm going to go play dead for awhile and see if any superhero types show up - hope they're not too prompt. (Must remember to put a bandaid in clear sight to keep those paper-loving medics away.) Miles, you're SO cute! :D

Unknown said...

That's hysterical. Awesome pictures. Sounds like a good youth conference game eh Patti? lol.

I also would like to play dead and go to sleep for an hour every afternoon.

Amen to carrying bandaids!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I think Wal-mart has an accident report for each of my kids in their files. Not sure why they have to get ALL of my info. (including how many pounds I have put on since I came their last.......kidding!!) So yeah, band aids in the purse would be a good idea so that you don't have to spend a whole hour filling out paper work just for a "free" one. :)

And I REALLY want to teach my kids that game of playing dead. :)

Jess said...

What is it with preschoolers and playing dead? My son is thousands of miles away from Chloe but he is playing the exact same game! I had no idea scrapes at the zoo were such a big ordeal. Yikes.

Annette Bailey said...

That's an awesome game! Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep band-aids a little closer from now on...

Greg said...

...not to mention the superhero's outfits are much more entertaining