Saturday, July 31, 2010

Meet the Parents

My birthday will be over soon, but it's cool.  I feel like I've been celebrating all week.  My loving parents came to visit from Idaho and we've spent the week showing them the awesomeness that is St. Louis.  On Day 1 we went to the Botanical Gardens.


The kids hit the sprinklers.


Dad figured that was the best time to take a nap.


Later that afternoon, Dad taught the kids how to hit a whiffle ball. 
Can you handle this photo opp?  Come on! 


5 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

great pictures as usual! Love that one of Harrison!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

elizabeth said...

Happy happy birthday! If I were rich I would buy you the fanciest tea set money could buy and a proper tea party to go with it!
p.s. Are those Dave Chihoully glass sculptures in the pond?

elizabeth said...

and by Dave I meant Dale. Momentary lapse.

melissa said...

Awwww. Thanks, Liz!

The Botanical Garden website says they're by Dale Chihuly. Look at you and your cultured self. Miss you!

Unknown said...

I want you to know that I heard my girls singing "happy birthday dear sister maxwell" yesterday morning. I'm not kidding. Did you get my package?