Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lewis and Clark and Bob and Peggy

On Day 2 with my parents we went to Historic St. Charles.  They have original buildings from the mid-1800's that now house shops that sell nick knacks.  (You know, my parents version of Disneyland?)  It's was also part of Lewis and Clark's expedition, so bonus!

Here's my dad with Lewis, Clark, and their dog Seamus.  Can you believe how much bigger people were back then?

We ran into these fellas who said they were making a movie.  (Hmm.  I guess "Lame YouTube Video" is the same as "movie.")  They certainly made Harrison's day.  He was too awestruck to say hello. 


Can you tell we're related?  It's the white pants.


Can you tell they're related?  It's the love of historical sites.

So, how do you keep children interested in cobblestone streets and shops full of nick knacks?
ICE CREAM!


3 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

I was kidding before, but now I'm a little bit serious that we're going to be your fifth week in a row house guests. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this kind of stuff! So many cool historical things near you. Jealous. (Also jealous that you are totally pulling off those white pants with Mom.)

wendy holt said...

That looks fun!! I still haven't been to St. Charles! (it's okay to shun me now) Well, I have been there but only to my cousins backyard and there are no huge statues or ice cream there!

Patti said...

I've been enjoying your blog from the privacy of my email for many weeks now. Who knew St. Louis would be so much fun?!