Monday, August 2, 2010

St. Louis: Where Dreams Come True

Thursday night I had my parents taste some of the finery's of St. Louis.  For dinner I served pizza (Not St. Louis style pizza.  One word: ptooey!), toasted ravioli, Fitz's cream soda, and gooey butter cake.  (Just wanted to see how many links I could fit into one sentence.)

Just in case I haven't made it clear, St. Louis is where dreams come true.  Friday I helped my parents take care of a few things on their bucket lists.  (No, you do not have permission to die now, folks.) 

Though my mom has driven past the Gateway Arch many times, she's never gone up and touched it.  BAM!

DREAM COME TRUE!
I told them to look happy but they look more like they've just entered the pearly gates, don't they?  Yes.  St. Louis is just like heaven on earth.

It started raining right after that and so we hopped in the car and took a drive around Forest Park.  We stopped inside the Missouri Museum of History for a few hours.  That place was hoppin'.  What's that about?  Anyway, later that night I made my dad's dreams come true.  He's a big baseball fan and grew up listening to the Cardinals play, but he'd never actually been to a Cardinals game.  BAM!

DREAM COME TRUE!

His dream took a little longer, though.  After we all celebrated Vince Coleman Bobble head Night (they were all out by the time we got there) and Ozzie Smith threw out a ceremonial first pitch, a group of minions came out and covered the field with Saran wrap.


Two flippin' hours later, they started to play!


After nine innings, the score was tied: Pirates-ZERO, Cardinals-ZERO.  By then it was midnight and officially my birthday so I was officially the boss of everyone and told them we were going home.  We were on the road for about ten minutes when the Cardinals scored the winning point in the 10th inning.  Really, Cards?  REALLY?!

But the important thing here is that I made my dad's dream come true.  No charge, Dad.
Has there ever been a happier guy standing next to a statue?

9 Wisecracks:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Go Cardinals!

Nicole said...

Dad's face under the umbrella at the game is totally his Sunday School Face. Oh, why is this post the funniest thing ever?

Jen said...

Yeah, funniest post ever. BAM!

Jess said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That sounds like a fabulous trip. It makes me wish St Louis was between Houston and Utah so we could see it as part of our move.

KQ said...

Great job making your parents dreams come true and making us all laugh! You so funny.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

You make me laugh. Hilarious!
I am glad your parents had so many dreams come true. You forgot the part where all they have ever wanted was to see their favorite daughter and her two kids in the hot summer month of July. BAM!!
:)

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Um.....three kids. wow! I totally can't count.
(or I will just blame it on the fact that I am pregnant. I have used that excuse a LOT lately.)

elizabeth said...

Love this post and I love your baseball attire! I am so jealous, i love baseball.

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Way to stick it out- you guys are die hards, I would have been in the firstaid station faking heat exhaustion or something!