Monday, July 26, 2010

Smile That Frown Away

I can't tell you how happy I am to see this face again.  Miles spent a good week teething and was a little monster baby.  I thought the crying and the mucous would never end.  I can usually count on him to help me feel calm and happy and having him be Mayor of Crazytown nearly sent me over the edge.  I may have let a few swears slip.  Is it the heat?  Is it the fact that my school age kid is used to having a cruise director?  The lack of motivation to workout?  Something's gotta give.  It's my birthday week and my parents are coming to visit tomorrow.  That's a recipe for awesome, right?  As long as my baby keeps smiling, I think I might just survive this summer.

Hmm.  I just realized this is sounding very familiar.  Click HERE to read about last summer.


5 Wisecracks:

Emily said...

I don't know if you're sounding like last summer, but you are sure sounding like ME!

Unknown said...

LOL about letting a few swears slip. I am glad that I am not alone in the world, hehehe. Teething is so hard. Wowee! Happy Happy Birthday Week!!

Unknown said...

Lol. I know how you feel Melissa. Nathan has all for incisors coming through. wahoo? Oh and I wanted to read about last summer, but instead I just got to look at my blogger dashboard. Not nearly so exciting if you ask me.

allyn said...

that sweet smile is quite irresistible. glad you got it back.
have a fab birthday week with mom and dad! we will have a fab birthday party for you when we come two weeks later.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

My goodness!! Your family is so good about visiting each other. So glad your parents get to come visit. That should make you and Miles smile.

Happy (early) Birthday!!