Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Next Stop: Cary, NC

After our stay in Virginia, we headed back to our hometown of Cary, NC.  I may have shed a few tears every time we passed a familiar exit on our way into town.  Sometimes, you just gotta go home.  "Home" in this case is Jeff's parent's house.  Harrison was really excited to see Grandma.  "Do you know why I like Grandma?  Because everything I ask her, she says, 'Yes!'"  Want to go relax in the hammock, Grandma?

Can we play Star Wars Monopoly, Grandma?

We were able to see some old friends while we were in town.  First we crashed our old Chapel Hill playgroup.  I can't believe how fast all my friends' children are growing up!
Some Sweaty Kid I Don't Know, Rylee, Landon and Rachael

Naomi, Miles, Syrena, Sophie, Harrison and Chloe (Not pictured: Baby Danny)

I was going to crop Miles out of this picture of Chelsea and Me, but I wanted you to see what always happens when I try to take a picture with my friends.  On another note, Chelsea and her girls do super fun crafts during the summer and she shares them all on her blog The Mermaid Treehouse.  If you are looking for ways to occupy your children this summer, be sure to check it out.

Speaking of blogs, I have been reading my friend Heather's blog for a few years now and have been delighted by how much our children are alike.  I asked if we could stop by her house for a little while to see if our children were, in fact, soul mates.  Here they are after one hour together:

This is how they looked when I said it was time to go:
It's a tragedy, really, that so many miles separate us.

Thanks for letting us come over, Heather!  And thanks for making this picture awesome, Parker.

Later we went to visit Kim and the twins.  When we arrived in front of their house, the girls were yelling from a  window up above, "Help!  Save us!  We're trapped!"  I thought they were playing Rapunzel.  Nope.  All three of them were locked in the girl's room.  Jeff rescued them, but Chloe was the one they thanked.  "You did that like a pro, Chloe!"
Chloe, Catherine, and Miriam

On our way out of town, we stopped to see my friend Sweet Caroline.
Caroline, Me, . . . and Miles ruining the picture.

Secretly this trip down memory lane made me feel old.  Caroline and I sat in her house talking about our children and wondering when all this happened.  Not that I want to go back to high school or college, it just doesn't seem that long ago.  Then I look at my kids and realize it was a lifetime ago.

 

6 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

Oh man, we are feeling soo cool to be on your awesome blog! I love, love the pictures, thanks so much for posting and for getting our soul mate children together!! It was so great to catch up with you too.

P.S. Meadow has been asking for Chloe to come back and play princesses and Parker the next day said, "I think I need to see Harrison, I am forgetting what he looked like. hahahha

It really is a tragedy that it is so far, but come back and see us anytime!!

Kimberly said...

BAHA!

And here I thought you were going to post the picture of us trapped upstairs.

Too bad later that day Miriam and Catherine were ticked at me and slammed the door to their room so they could pout with each other. With both doorknobs inside.

This time they didn't think it was funny.

Luckily, I was on the outside and wasn't limited to a bobby pin and hair clip to try to save them.

My next shopping trip is going to include those little door lock key things. And probably doorknobs that don't have locks.

Thanks for coming to play, even if we did throw your schedule off by hours............

melissa said...

Heather, that's hilarious! Do you want me to have Harrison send Parker an 8x10 glossy of him?

Kim, we were on vacation! There's no schedule on vacation! Thanks for letting us come play and for the cute hair flowers. She loves them!

KQ said...

I visited Sturdivant Dr. last week to see my dad and Bets, and literally took a stroll down memory lane with Lyla. I told her that my friends, The Lee Girls, lived in that house over there. Good times...

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I am so jealous!! I would LOVE to travel and see old friends. :(
Looks like a very cool trip!!

wendy holt said...

I LOVE Patti's look while playing monopoly...so official, was she the banker?