Friday, July 9, 2010

On to Wake Forest

This is my lovely sister, Katy, and her awesome husband, Matt.

They have five beautiful daughters and a huge dog named Virgil.  We spent a few days at their house playing Wii and dressing up like princesses.  (Okay, not all of us dressed up like princesses.) 
(Dogs and stairs=Fascinating.)

Katy and I took the kids to see The Karate Kid which was surprisingly awesome.  Katy and Matt took Jeff and me on a tour of historic downtown Wake Forest.  Delightful.  We were able to leave all the kids at home because Eliza is old enough to babysit.  I need to get me an Eliza. 
Chloe and Anya

One evening Miles was annoyed with me for not being able to read his mind.  Anya (the youngest of the girls) asked, "Why doesn't he talk?"  My thoughts exactly.

(Top row: Chloe, Helena, Eliza.  Middle row: Harrison and Evie.  Bottom row: Anya, and Vivien holding Miles.  By now you have probably noticed how much Harrison loves group photos.)

Thanks so much for having us, folks!  We've really missed living near you all.  Would you be so kind as to stop growing up so fast?  Thanks a bunch.

7 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

Look at all those bespectacled (really spell check?) children! I couldn't be more envious of a night out with just the adults. Luckeeee. (Katy and I probably wore that Wonder Woman shirt on the same day. Super powers UNITE.)

Kasey Q said...

Holy Smokes! Those kids HAVE grown!

Jay-See said...

Glad to see Katy Bug's kids...Harrison didn't like all those girl cousins? Hmmm.

allyn said...

h's face is awesome in that last one. i really love that one of the stairs, too. i can't WAIT until emma is an eliza!!! so close.

Katy said...

thanks for posting that picture of me, Lissy. Just the motivation I needed to get up at 5 and head to the gym for some serious cardio!
I was just thinking yesterday how much I miss you guys-snif.
Why doesn't anyone want to live by me?

Ashley said...

Is it just me or do you all have the same front porch?

melissa said...

Katy, my apologies. That was the best picture I got of you.

Ashley, ha! They do look similar. I wanted to get a shot on the porch each time because that's what we always did when we left Grandma and Grandpa's house.