Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Always Fun When Grandma Comes

When Grandma comes, HOORAY! 
Jeff's mom, Patti, came and stayed with us last week during Harrison's Spring Break.  She's great at brnging the fun and joining our adventures.  We spent the first day showing her our favorite places to play.


That night she treated us to Gooey Louie's Gooey Butter Cakes and Pappy's Smokehouse Barbeque.  (See "Man v.Food", Season 1, Episode 14.)

The next day we packed a picnic basket and headed for the shore.  It was windy.

(Memo to me: Take a group shot right when we arrive and everyone is happy and not right when we are leaving and everyone is not.)




On the way home, I got lost in East St. Louis.  Now Patti has more street cred.  No charge.

4 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

I'm still giddy! So much fun!

Nicole said...

I don't think I've ever seen such a happy Grandma. That's beautiful! Now I can add Gooey Louie's to my list of things you will take me to do and see when I visit you.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Wow! I want to be like her when I am a grandma. So cute!!

Heather McKeon said...

I can't get over how big Miles is getting...