Monday, March 28, 2011

Wimpy Kids in the Snow

It snowed a lot last weekend.  It was ridiculous, really, but snow and I have made up.  My allergies have been out of control, lately, and the snow came and washed away the pollen.  Snow and I are besties now.  My kids hadn't made a snowman all winter, so they took advantage of what we all hope will be their last chance.

Last week we finished reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.  Hilarious.  The main character (Greg)  is just starting middle school, so it was a little mature for Chloe, but they both loved it.  Greg makes a lot of bad choices and isn't very nice to his best friend.  Of course, he gets what's coming to him, but because of the way it's written I think my kids were too young to understand when Greg was in the wrong.  I spent a lot of time saying, "Was that a good choice Greg made?  What would you have done?"  The kids had seen the movie before, but I hadn't watched it all the way through.  It's pretty funny.  Yep.  That's all I got. 

Funny story: So I bought Harrison the 5th Diary of a Wimpy Kid book (The Ugly Truth) when he did well on his report card.  He read it from cover to cover in one night.  Later, my sister told me it was all about puberty.  I read it myself.  Funniest book, ever.  But, yeah, it's totally about puberty and now Harrison will occasionally ask me questions like, "Mom, what's deoDORant?"

We've been doing our Mommy and Me Book Club for a whole year now!  It's still my favorite part of the day.  For a complete list of the books we've read, click HERE.

5 Wisecracks:

Jen said...

Hahaha!!! :) That book made me laugh a migraine away. I keep it close because it is The Cure.

wendy holt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendy holt said...

It seems as if you and I have the same post. except yours is better.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Nice snow.......mud.......twig man.
I too hope this was the last chance they get to make a snowman. I am SO ready for spring. Bring it mother nature!!

Heather McKeon said...

At least he's asking about deodorant now. Always better to learn about these things sooner rather than later. Nothing like having the stinky kid.