Thursday, March 24, 2011

Signs of Spring

We've eagerly been on the lookout for Spring this past month.  It might snow tomorrow.  Lame.  The good news is that I've enjoyed enough signs of Spring this past week to give me hope that Winter is truly a goner.

First sign of Spring: The calendar says it's Spring.  So there, Winter.

Second sign of Spring.  Harrison is on Spring Break!  Hooray for sleeping in and playing the Wii all day!  He's also spent a lot of time updating his blog.  Check it out.


Third sign of Spring: The weather on Monday was gorgeous so we met some friends at the zoo. . . along with every other person in the city.  Good thing we were sparty pantses and got there early enough to score a sweet parking spot and a free ride on the carousel.

The carousel wasn't moving, yet, which is why their faces say "unimpressed."  I just love how bored they looked with the fun.

Harrison found a feather on the ground and decided to give Chloe a tail.  Boys are weird.

Aerin and Shauna being adorable.

I'm wondering what Shauna's pointing at in this picture.  Everyone else sees that python, right?

I know this picture is out of focus, but Alison's face makes me smile.  She seems very concerned about the reptile house.  I don't blame her.

It took me eleventyhundred tries to get the zebra in focus and the leaves out of focus.  I suppose it was worth the trouble.


Next sign of Spring: Grandma's visit to St. Louis!  Stay tuned.

10 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

I will never forgive you for putting a picture of that snake on here. Never.

Annie Jarman said...

I'm going to have nightmares about that python.

And that last one rocks! Well done!

allyn said...

i could totally see the python and the person inside it was digesting. that thing is a honker.
the zebra shot is beautiful.
yay for spring!

The Reiersens said...

How did I miss Webster Groves Ward day at the zoo?! Really!

The Reiersens said...

Awesome zebra pic by the way!

Jess said...

The snow hit us today. Boooo. I LOVE the zebra picture. You take great pictures!

Nicole said...

I think another sign of Spring is crumbs on Chloe and Miles's lips. HA! Chloe is so beautiful I almost can't stand it. (Also, no one does "bored" quite like Harrison. That photo made me smile even before I read the caption.)

You are a PRO! That zebra shot is awesome. I embrace it.

Patti said...

I'm here to tell you that spring is coming. Two weeks ago North Carolina looked just like St. Louis did this week. When I woke up this morning back in NC there were redbuds, and dogwoods, and tulips, and azaleas and a green sheen up in the treetops. Hang on!

Unknown said...

Love your most beautiful zoo pictures ever!! And oh my goodness your kids are so SO cute!

Shauna said...

lol! I was pointing to where you could see the python BREATHING! it really impressed the kids... can't you tell?