Monday, August 22, 2011

I Heart Sundays

Every Sunday we turn off all of our screens and force our children to play together.  They spend the first couple of hours of the day telling us that Sunday is boring and there's nothing to do.  They spend the next hour sitting in The Naughty Chair for not listening when we say, "If you play rough, someone's going to get hurt."  But there is a magical hour somewhere between Naughty Chair Hour and church where our kids minds explode with brilliant ideas and they play together happily.  For example, yesterday they spent some time seeing how much clothing they could wear at once.



I don't think Miles understood the game.


8 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

Oh I think he understood perfectly. It's the episode of Friends where Joey puts on all of Chandler's clothes, does a bunch of lunges, and says, "Look at me. I'm Chandler. Could I be wearing anymore clothes? Maybe if I wasn't going commando." See...the older 2 are wearing all the clothes and Miles is doing the commando part. HaHa!

Unknown said...

HA,HA! Love Miles!
By the way, I was scrolling through your posts and I loved your sweet post about Harrison and his baptism. What a great boy.

Nicole said...

AHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks, man.

wendy holt said...

Love me some Miles!! Hilarious!! Missed you for Therapy Cupcakes.

allyn said...

that IS a brilliant game. sundays do bring out the intelligence in our children.

love miles' green flipflops. they accentuate his shapely legs.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I just laughed out loud. I so get what you mean. We do the same thing, and go through the same thing. (but our kids have not tried putting all of their clothes on at one time..........some day they will figure out that one I am sure)
Miles is great. Wrap him up, I'll take two. :)

The Reiersens said...

Hahahaha! Miles is awesome!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

I think Miles was the wise one here. I mean, why are we putting on as much as possible in the august heat when we could be talking off as much as possible. Your kids make me laugh, almost as much as you do.