Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Love to See The Dupple


Miles' favorite two hours of the week are when he gets to go to nursery on Sunday.  He gets to play with toys, eat snacks, and sing songs.  What's not to love?  In nursery he learned the song "I  Love to See the Temple" and it's become one of his favorites.  It only took me a week to realize that when he yells "DUPPLE!" that means he wants us to sing it.  (That was a long week.)  This morning I had a few things to pick up at the distribution center by the temple, so the kids and I took a look around.



Who can resist such soft grass?

Does anyone know what this flower is?  The one in the picture.  The one Miles is pointing at.  Anyone?
We met a lot of large bees on the temple grounds.  Chloe spent the rest of the day explaining to me the daily habits of "Temple Bees."  She's real smart.  She's in kindergarten.

See ya later, dupple!

8 Wisecracks:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Is this a contest! My answer is "Chrysanthemum, Chrysanthemum, Chrysanthemum" (I love that book by Kevin Henkes). But, I'm certainly no flower expert.

KQ said...

Could we set up a little meeting between Miles and Lyla for him to teach her some of those awesome poses for the camera? HaHa!! So cute!

Unknown said...

Oh man, such beautiful kids and pictures! That flower is DEFINITELY a Dahlia. (the double blooming variety) I win, I win! I am in love with flowers you see. :)

melissa said...

I think you're right, Heather. There were a lot of regular dahlia's on the grounds, too. You should see what you get when you Google image chrysanthemum. Lots and lots of daisies.

Nicole said...

Ah, man! She beat me to it - it's a dahlia for sure. What a beautiful little temple. :)

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Love it! I love to see the dupple too. :)

allyn said...

miles is almost edible. he really does have the knack for making the perfect pose. he looks like he is holding his breath while laying in the grass. youknow, like you would if you were doing the backstroke in water.
the sky in the big picture of the collage is such a perfectly lit backdrop for the pretty temple. excellent capture.

melissa said...

Don't let Miles fool you. I took about 50 pictures of him and three were in focus. I've learned I can't pose him, I just have to follow him and be super fast. Harrison, too. Chloe and flowers are much easier because they hold still.