Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Reception

Have I ever told you that my husband is a genius?  Well, he is.  He successfully performed a hard drive transplant and was able to save everything on our old computer.  So much love.

I have a million pictures to share, so let's get started.  We flew out to Utah to see Jeff's youngest brother, Brian, get married to Mani.  They had their reception the night before the wedding, which made the wedding day much less stressful.  Somehow I neglected to get a picture of Mani at the reception.  I also had a hard time getting pictures in focus in the low lighting.  It was good practice, though.  (For when I'm hired to take pictures at a rave or a haunted house.  Yeah, I don't know what I'm saying.)

See how he's so in love with me?  I told you he was a genius.

I knew I'd better get a shot of Harrison at the beginning of the reception when he was handsome and happy.

Here he is by the end.  "Check, please!"

Miles immediately recognized Brian as "the uncle who picks you up and throws you around."

I don't think I've ever seen three happier princesses.  I have a thousand pictures just of them, but that will have to wait.

Here all the single ladies are waiting for Mani to throw the bouquet.  I got the impression that Brian and Mani were some of the first of their friends to get married.  I could tell because there was actually a crowd of ladies excited about catching the bouquet. 

The bouquet landed on one of the ceiling draperies.  It was the funniest thing, ever.



I know this isn't a very good picture technically speaking, but I really like it.  It's so my parents.

Kids love weddings.

Jeff's sister, Amy.  My parents are still talking about how stunning she was that night.

Jeff's brother, Ted, and his wife Aubrie.  It was nice to sit and chat while the kids ran around screaming.

Here Jeff and Ted are giving Brian advice about his wedding night.

Jeff's mom, Patti, with Aubrie and Amy.

Thanks for giving us a reason to dress up and eat cake, Brian and Mani!

8 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

Those two photos of Harrison right in a row made my belly hurt from laughing. And then the one of Mom and Dad made me cry a little. I'm so confused!

I've missed your blog, lady. I'm glad you're back in business. :)

Jen said...

You + Bangs= CUTE! Ahh...the happy memories of chasing kids around at weddings. The Harrison pictures said it all. Beautiful photos- glad you were able to save them.

Patti said...

A perfect photo synopsis! I looked like Harrison in the second picture the rest of the weekend. I may not have been able to eat a bakery box full of goodies, but I certainly tried!

allyn said...

amy is stunning, but it is the dimples that really charms you. harrison is always good for a "real" version of how he feels.
ted still looks a bit confused on the advice picture. jeff looks a little more seasoned. kinda like sky masterson. is jeff still loosing weight? he is looking even thinner than in august.
looks like a fun night. congrats to the happy couple.
they did the reception b/f the actual ceremony? i guess that's okay.

allyn said...

i forgot to mention how stunning you looked with that genius guy and how i was hoping that he would be able to fix your computer probs, because i was really missing you. don't leave me hanging like that anymore.

The Reiersens said...

The second photo of Harrison looks like he drank a little too much wedding punch! Hilarious!!

KQ said...

Yay for your genius husband saving the day! You should be a professional photo caption writer. You always make me laugh!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Amy IS stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. And I you are lookin' pretty stunning yourself lady. I love love love your captions. Hilarious. It's like you know them so well ;) And super happy for you that the computer issue is a non- issue.