Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloweek--Our Little Red Riding Hood

Chloe wanted to be "a made up princess" for Halloween.  I wanted to not pay for a costume for Halloween.  When I found this "Red Riding Hood Princess" costume at a consignment store where I happened to have store credit, we both won. 

Jeff's Grandma Carol says you need some red in every picture.  Agreed.

Total cost of the costume: $2.00 (for the basket)


"Run like the wolf is chasing you!"  She's so good at taking direction.

I think even if she were wearing a potato sack, she would look like a princess to me.

8 Wisecracks:

Mom said...

Wow! She looks gorgeous! What a stunning costume - you definitely won! I think we have some more thespians in the family.:)

wendy holt said...

lovely. just lovely.

allyn said...

jealous of your consignment score. awesome location for the photos. she is a beautiful "red" princess. what are you going to do with these perfect pictures of your kids in their costumes?

KQ said...

"My what a pretty princess you have!"

Nicole said...

She is very beautiful. I love that she looks genuinely panicked in the photo of her running from the wolf. Thespian, indeed!

Patti said...

The picture of Chloe in the big trees looks like a still from The Lord of the Rings. Fabulous costume! Beautiful girl!

Lindsay said...

She looks beautiful - really, really beautiful! And I LOVE your photography, Melissa - so unique and interesting to look at. You're my hero.

Heather McKeon said...

Adorable. Am now jealous. Want this costume for myself. (Have secretly always wanted a red cape but didn't want to be all Ren Fair. You know? So I just settled for a red coat.)