Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloweek--Our Little Weasley


Harrison decided he wanted to be Ron Weasley this year.  No one actually sells Ron Weasley costumes.  Usually people wear the Hogwarts robe and paint their hair orange.  Ta-da!  That was no good for Harrison.  He insisted on an "R" sweater and a rat.  I spent a few weeks on the lookout for the perfect Ron Weasley sweater and lost a good bit of sleep over how to add the "R."  (Paint it on.  Duh.)  Harrison's reaction when he first saw it was pretty sweet.
He was so super-serious for this whole photo shoot. 

He really liked these tall reeds because it reminded him of that scene at The Burrough in that one movie.  (They're all kind of blended together for me now.) 


I looked online to find out which finger Peter Pettigrew lost so I could cut off one of Scabbers' fingers.  There is much debate on this.  Pinky or right index finger, what say ye?

My favorite expression.

Every time I told him to "make a Ron face," he would do this.  Awesome.

He's so stinkin' cute about Halloween.  He loves to be in character when he's wearing his costumes.    Look at him!  He's a hero! 

11 Wisecracks:

kenzie said...

Oh man! he looks just like Ron with that hair. So cute that he's in character.

Patti said...

WOW! What a perfect Ron costume! Full marks Melissa for making it, and Harrison for making it become Ron. (I know he's not supposed to be, but Scabbers is adorable.)

The Reiersens said...

Awesome photos! They look REALLY good!...I think they should be shown during his wedding reception slideshow! :)

Annie Jarman said...

Cutest. Thing. Ever. Period.

Tammy and Alvin said...

With a costume and face that awesome, you need a whole Hallomonth!

KQ said...

Your favorite expression is mine too. So funny! So how well did the spray hair color wash out?

melissa said...

His scalp had an orange tint the next day, but it washed out of his hair completely.

simple.beautiful.lady. said...

Wow! I Love Harrison's Costume. He fits the part perfectly!

Jess said...

Wow- somebody wanted to be poor Ron for Halloween. I love the creativity on the costume. This gives me all sorts of ideas for when my kids get into Harry Potter. :)

buzzkehl said...

great costume! I don't suppose you remember where you got the sweater and/or Scabbers? My youngest wants to be Ron and I'm having the same trouble with costuming!
thanks

melissa said...

buzzkehl, I kept my eye out for a maroon sweater at thrift stores. I think I found this in the women's section of a Goodwill and then I painted an "R" onto it. I found Scabbers at one of those big Halloween costume stores that pops up this time of year. It was in the creepy decorations section. Hope that helps!