Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy Sweet Six

Chloe Belle turned six today.  She asked for a Rapunzel dress and I was secretly thrilled that she's still young enough to be interested in princesses.  She also asked for a bike and I can't believe she's already riding a two-wheeler. 

The little minx found her new bike hidden in the basement on Saturday.  (And by "hidden" I mean that it was in the basement where the kids aren't allowed to play, so I didn't bother to hide it.  That's on me.)  It turned out to be a good thing because Saturday was warm and sunny so she had plenty of time to learn to ride.


Sadly, today was cold and rainy.  Chloe had requested a picnic in the park and insisted that we could still do that because the picnic tables had a roof over them.

Chloe invited her friend Natalie's family to join us.  The invitation said "formal attire".


Just a couple of fancy girls eating cupcakes.

Can you tell it's pouring rain?  It is.  Let the dream die, kids.

She even iced the birthday cupcakes herself.  She's so grown up!

6 Wisecracks:

wendy holt said...

YAY!! Happy birthday miss Chloe!! We miss your cute face!

Nicole said...

Awwww. I love Chloe's face. :) Happy birthday to her! ("Formal attire." Hee! Doesn't mean the same thing to the boys, eh?)

allyn said...

she has such a fun positive attitude. picnic in the rain! in princess dresses! no biggie. she is such a blessing to everyone who knows her. hope it was a happy day.

kenzie said...

She is the cutest little miniature Melissa I've ever seen. I can't believe she's 6. And as always, thanks for the laugh.

The Reiersens said...

Happy Birthday Chloe, you look awesome in formal attire while eating cupcakes!

Katy said...

Oh, man! She's such a lady! And she looks just like you. I know you know that, but it still amazes me.