Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Crafts with the Kids

I hope your December is going well.  We're enjoying our month full of awesome, so far.  This past week we got crafty and made some poinsettia ornaments.


 I didn't follow a tutorial, but used the same method I use for hair clips and added a ribbon.  Ta-da.   I made a few extras for the yarn wreath we made yesterday.

 This was super easy!  I got the idea from Heather's blog.

Tomorrow we're making pom-pom garlands and then the halls will be decked.

8 Wisecracks:

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Turkey shaped rolls, cute countdown, and an amazing wreath with sweet flowers!?! I guess we can still be friends. I am definitely trying the flowers. I hope your 'easy' and my 'easy' are the same.

Nicole said...

You're killing me, man! Every time I think I've done something awesome... You should totally put one of those flowers on a headband.

Patti said...

You make it look so easy! I'm happy to enjoy craftiness vicariously. Well done!

allyn said...

those are so cute!! did you have to cut out everything? that's the hard part with crafting w/ kids.
your wreath is perfect and would go perfectly in my kitchen.

Heather McKeon said...

Love it!! I love the pale teal with the red & white! Mah-velous! I recently finished both my Christmas and my winter wreaths, but have been slack about blogging so have not posted them yet. You are inspiring me to get my bum in gear.

melissa said...

Allyn, Harrison cut his flowers out, but Chloe wasn't up to it. They both did the sewing and helped with the glueing. My wreath WOULD look perfect in your kitchen. Want me to mail it to you for next year?

Unknown said...

adorable!!!

allyn said...

but then what would you hang? maybe just make me one just like it.