Sunday, March 11, 2012

"An event that changed my life."

That's how Harrison describes his experience going to a monster truck rally with his BFF last month.  He's already written about it in great detail on his blog, but I wanted to share some more pictures here.  My boy is obsessed. 


He talks about monster trucks nonstop and has his heart set on being a monster truck driver when he gets older.  He and his BFF spend a lot of time watching Youtube videos of rallies and listing their super faves.  I overheard Harrison say, "I like when they show the view from the inside of the car, because then I get an idea of what it will be like when I grow up."  Heaven help me.

The kids like to set up "circuit tracks" and "courses" in their bedroom and have their own rallies.  Harrison gave me two free tickets to today's rally.  Jealous much?

It's been a month since his life-changing event and Harrison's interest doesn't seem to be diminishing.  Being a monster truck driver wasn't exactly the future I had planned for him.  I take comfort in the fact that I still find him here every night:

6 Wisecracks:

Jess said...

The most of monster truck rallies I have seen is the commercials. I guess I am going to have to look at some YouTube videos to understand the buzz. I like your posters. :)

Lindsay said...

COOL pictures! Dream big, Harrison, dream big.

Nicole said...

Oh, Melissa. I really needed this post right now. You had me laughing hysterically, then I cried a little when I saw Harrison reading by night light. Being a Mom is the best!

melissa said...

Nicole, Yay! I just read your email and was wondering if there was something I could do to cheer you up. Hooray for monster trucks. Love you!

wendy holt said...

true dat. We have had the same life changing event in our home too.

Katy said...

YESSSSS!! Go Harrison!