Friday, March 9, 2012

It's So Haaaaard to Say Goodbyyyyyyyye to Ye-esterdayyyyyyyy

In the fall of 2010, my friend Anne called from Salt Lake City to ask if I wanted to be a contributor on a blog she was starting called Hey Nonny.  She said four of us would write once a week about nothing in particular.  I didn't really get it.  With all of the different blogs out there about something (food, crafts, design, politics, entertainment), who would want to read a blog about nothing?  I agreed to do it, despite my reservations, because when the pretty and popular girl asks if you want to hang out with her, you say "Yes."  As is usually the case, Anne was much smarter than me.  It turns out there are a lot of people in the world who will read a blog about nothing.  If you are one of those people, THANK YOU.  I'm so grateful for all of your support.  For those many kind friends and family members who happily agreed to be guest bloggers for our Friday Features, thank you.  I owe you a solid. 

Even though I know it's time to move on, I'm going to miss being a part of Hey Nonny.  I'll get over it soon enough, but for today I'm going to be sad.


On a happier note, I found these pictures yesterday.  They were taken two years ago.  Look at my babies!




2 Wisecracks:

Anne said...

Remember how Seinfeld was a show about nothing? Jerry totally stole my idea.

Thanks for everything.

I covet your blue chair.

Nicole said...

It IS hard to imagine not reading your posts every Monday. I bet it was a great thing to be in the habit of writing every week. You got really good at it. There has to be an outlet for your writing now...

Screenplay?!