Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

It's March!  Hooray!  You know what that means?  Spring is coming!  Grandma is coming!  And it's time for our annual tour of Krispy Kreme for playgroup!

I spent the morning trying to figure out how to go to playgroup 20 minutes away and still get Chloe to school on time.  (That's a lie.  I spent the morning in bed once I got Harrison off to school because Chloe and Miles were still sleeping.  Bonus!)  She barely made it on time, but she would have had a perfectly reasonable excuse.  Don't you think?

There are few things cuter than a row of little kids standing on chairs with their noses pressed to the glass watching donuts on a conveyor belt.  Wearing hats.  (The kids, not the donuts.  How cute would that be?)

And then everyone gets a free donut.


And then we buy more, because who could possibly eat just one Krispy Kreme donut?

When we came home, we found our first signs of spring.
This is the same tree from my bokeh picture a month ago.  I heart you, March.

5 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

I heart you, Krispy Kreme.

Patti said...

I know people who run the Krispy Kreme challenge just to get a hat. I think I'd rather just arrange a play group tour. I wonder what they would do when five old women showed up?

Mom said...

So cute! I'm with you,Patti - how about six old women? Can I come too?

allyn said...

i do love krispy kreme, but not necessarily for the donuts. i love that they decided to give the kids in town a donut for each A they made on their report card! how awesome are they for doing that?
okay-i'm just going to go ahead and say this: what the heck is bokeh?
next year on your playgroup playdate you should see if krispy kreme would let you go on the other side of the glass to get a picture of the kids watching the action. i think that would be way adorable. you don't have to do that, but i think it would be fun.

melissa said...

Bokeh is that pretty blurry background that you see in pictures sometimes.

I did get a picture of the kids from the other side, but there was a big glare so it wasn't as magical as I had hoped. :(