Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meeting Mitt on the Playground

This morning I took the kids to the park so we could climb rocks,

eat water bottles,

pick daffodils (until Mommy said we don't pick flowers at the park),

. . . and listen to presidential hopeful Mitt Romney give a speech.

You know, the usual.
It was really strange to have our park filled with secret service dudes.  Frankly, they're not so secret.  Miles crossed under the security rope and a security man was on him in one second.  It was thrilling.



We had to leave half-way through his speech to get Chloe off to school.  She ended up being a little late, which was really bad.  Chloe cares about two things in this world: pandas and being on time to school.  In the car ride home, she said, "I'll just tell my teacher that the man who might be the next president was running a little late."



Just a typical day at Kirkwood Park.

10 Wisecracks:

Christine said...

Love the pictures! My coworker and I like Chloe's reasoning for her teacher about being late!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

So cool! Wish I could've gone! Such excitement!

Annie said...

Those are fantastic photos! Well done!

allyn said...

You might want to copyright those pictures. Some one may want to buy them from you. is that your camera doing that, or were you running around to get thosenawesome action shots. These could be used for a Levi Strauss ad.
Did he say anything at would convince you to vote for him?

melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissa said...

Thanks, Allyn. I was using two cameras because my SLR has no zoom. The ones where he is in a crowd were taken with my point and shoot. He was about 10 ft. away from me in the others.

I'm not saying being handsome is a reason to vote for someone, but if it was then I would vote for him. You shouldn't be that old and look that good in jeans.

I'll sum up his speech for you: "Barak Obama=bad. Rick Santorum=bad. Newt Gingrich=old and bad. Mitt Romney=good. America=good."

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

I was thinking a Levi's ad too. Great pictures. That is probably a little cooler than me taking my kids to see Scotty McCreery.

Unknown said...

Wow. That is so cool that you got to go. I wonder if your kids will remember this?

Who do you think picks out his jeans? Surely he doesn't have time to shop....

I think I can see my mom out in the audience.

very good pictures and I like your blog header. You are getting to be a great photographer...

melissa said...

Thanks, Chelsea! It took me days to put that blog header slideshow together and you're the only person who said anything. You're my super fave.

Unknown said...

How fun! love the picture of Chloe and the daffodil. Did you know that Mitt and I have the same birthday?! lol. Not the same year of course... ;)